Thursday, December 29, 2011

The 2012 Experiment

Well, here comes the end of 2011 and the start of a new experiment. Last year was so successful that I want to do it again so here is my list of items that I want to start or accomplish in 2012. This is shaping up to be a big year as we have some big changes coming: car, baby, house.

Health and Nutrition:
  • Stop drinking pop and any sugary bottled drinks at all costs. Take water instead. 
  • Follow Clean Eating meal plans and grocery lists.
  • Work on my fruit, vegetable and fibre goals. 
  • Continue my walk/run workouts until I can run for 30 minutes with no problems. 
  • Get down to a BMI of 26 (that is a total of 20 pounds). 
 Fashion:
 Finances:
  • Get a car. 
  • Save money for a down payment on a house -- and buy one by December 2012. 
  • Start buying baby things.
 Baby:
  • Start trying for a baby. 
  • Finish green knitted baby blanket for myself. 
  • Start making baby things as part of my hobbies: wipes, nursing cover, nursing pillow and cover, baby hat and booties, etc. 
Travel:
  • Visit my home for a wedding in June and Christmas in December. 
  • Visit my husband's family for Easter and Thanksgiving. 
  • Save money for a trip to Germany, Austria and Hungary in 2013 or 2014.
Social:
  • Have movie nights once per month with friends. 
  • Have themed dinner parties with friends, at least once every two months. 
  • Watch a new movie every month (either at the theater, on TV or as part of movie nights). 
  • Go out to dinner once a month with my husband on date nights. And every time, we can go to a new restaurant. 
  • Find a cause in the community and start attending meetings or gatherings.
Hobbies:
  • Finish any projects that I have started and don't start any new ones until those are done.
Home:
  • Figure out what things we need for our new house: lawnmower, beds, furniture, etc.  
I will be continuing the goals that I set for myself in 2011 as well. Those are the In Progress and Unfinished ones in this list

No comments:

Post a Comment